I am always trying to create quick and healthy side dishes. I get sick of eating vegetables the same way every day. This recipe is tried and true and there is not an ingredient in it that isn’t good for you. Plus there is only 4 ingredients and it takes about 15 minutes start to finish. If that isn’t easy, I don’t know what is!
12 oz green beans (I used the Wegmans cleaned and cut variety to save time)
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
A drizzle of balsamic glaze (this is optional – I like them both ways!)
- Place the green beans in a saute pan with about 3 inches of water
- Boil the green beans on high until desired doneness (I like mine tender, but still with a snap so I boil for about 6 minutes)
- Drain the water from the pan
- Return the green beans to medium low heat and add the olive oil and garlic to the pan
- Let the beans saute in the oil for about 5 minutes
- Place the green beans on a serving dish, sprinkle with salt, drizzle with balsamic, and eat!
That’s it! Switching up your vegetable sides is that easy.